Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The 3rd best day of my life...

#1 Getting married to Dusty
#2 Giving birth to our son Jaiden
#3 PRESIDENT OBAMA is inaugurated

Read NO Further if you think you might get upset!

Yes, today January 20th 2009...The United States of America has a new president. Now I know not everyone is very happy about this and I understand that but just like Obama has always said since the beginning "YES WE CAN" Yes we can change things and the things that we can change are this nation and this economy and the way people think of the government. I know this may upset some people but this is my blog and I can say what I want. Of course I know I might not feel this way had McCain won and today was all about him, but I would have come together as a nation and stood behind our new leader and supported him. I just feel that now the American people spoke and voted in November and this is for the best. Things we change and remember YES WE CAN. I went as far as to buy Jaiden, yes my one year old son, a onesie that says YES WE CAN with Obama's picture on it. I understand he is not old enough to decide yet and will I love him if he grow up to be a Republican yes I will...Everyone makes their own choices. My parents are republican and I am a PROUD democratic. It is ok that is what makes the United States a free place to live and a free place to be. I just wish that people would not look down on me because I am a PROUD DEMO and that I am so happy that now we have the person in office that I voted for! Four years ago that was not the case, I voted for John Kerry when we lived in Oregon and I can still remember to this day watching his concession speech online (I missed it live, I was in school) and crying my eyes out, that the first election I could vote in did not go the way I wanted it. I understand people don't like him, it might be his skin color, it might be his class. I am not sure but now people is the time to get behind him and support what he has to say and what he is trying to do for this country that we call HOME! I am sorry if this upsets anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment