I was recently asked why I wanted to be a mom and how I deceided to have Jaiden - Really that is no answer I have for that. I mean I have felt like since the time I was old enough to know about kids that I wanted kids and I knew I was meant to be a mom - I mean now that I have Jaiden there is no way that I can imgaine it any other way, I just know that I am meant to be here on this earth and also I am here to create a live or lives to carry on our lives and our legacy for the future. I think why you want to be a mom is something that you can not explain or someone can not understand that does not have kids!
Recently also I was asked how I let Jaiden cry it out. It is called the cry it out method CIO - Well I know that if after his bath he is dry and clean and fed and has a clean diaper then he is ok and I just put him to bed wide awake and he soothes himself to sleep and if he does cry I will let him cry, not for more than aobut 10 or 15 mins then I will go and get him. Well I bring this up because I was told at the time that letting Jaiden CIO meant that he was going to be in insecure child - yet I can walk out of the room and he does not cry for me he knows that I will be back - I was told that me not going into get him when he is crying is going to cause problems between he and I - well I do not think that is the case right now or in the future - I know I need to get off my soap box here but really each parent is just trying to do right by the kids don't tell me that what I am choosing to do with my son is wrong - it is not putting him in any danger or hurting him in anyway. Each parent is going to do what they feel is right and I am totally ok with that, whatever works for you but please don't knock me down for what I feel is right!!
Also I have been told that oh I don't want to have kids right now because I love my freedom and don't want to loose it. You only loose your freedom if you allow yourself too! I mean really I think that you have children and you make them work around your life and have them change and have them grow up to fit your life, do I mean staying out til 2 am at a bar with them no I don't but I don't think that you need to set certain times for naps and set certain bed times - I have been critized for the times I put Jaiden to bed after 8pm or closer to 9pm - does it seem like he is unhappy to you? No I don't think so - I am just saying you don't have to loose your freedom you can have kids and let them become a part of your life and you really don't have to change your life - I know that is so hard for some people to realize and agree with which is fine we don't all have to agree that is totally fine but please atleast think about what I am saying.
Ok I am getting off my soap box now - I am stepping down! That is all for today!!
Does that look like the face of an unhappy kid? Not to me!!
Good for you! Every parents knows what is best for THEIR child.. not other people's children. Keep your head up and stay the amazing Mom you already are. :o]
ReplyDelete